Hedge laying is an important part of boundary maintenance and conservation. During this introductory course you will learn the techniques and principles behind the styles and procedures. The course also covers the use of hand tools and their maintenance.
- Tool types and uses
- Stacking and binding
- Conservation and management
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing to include:
- Adequate protection from the weather on the day
- A peaked cap of some sort
- Leather boots - wellingtons will not offer adequate protection
- Due to the nature of the work involved in this course, scratches and thorn pricks are common. We therefore recommend that all candidates ensure that their arms are covered and their anti - tetanus vaccinations are up to date
Please bring a packed lunch and something to drink.
Course Assessment Method
At the end of the course you will be awarded a University certificate of attendance.