Lantra - Advanced
The ATV is widely used in agriculture and serious accidents can occur when operators lack the skills required for its safe use. It is important for any operator to understand, utilise and maintain the machine correctly to ensure safe operation and reliability. Additionally, under PUWER '98 regulations, all operators should have undertaken adequate training before using ATV's at work. From November 2023, it will become a legal requirement to undertake accredited training and to always wear a helmet when operating an ATV for work purposes. This one day course is for experienced operators and if you are an inexperienced operator it would be a good idea to attend our one day Beginner's course.
Previous experience is required.
- Comply with Legal requirements
- Identify risks associated with using a ATV
- Safety clothing
- Maintenance and controls
- Riding techniques
- Route planning and slopes
- Difficult terrain
Please note the following details:
- We require a digital photograph which we request once booked onto the course - this is purely for a Lantra Skills card.
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activity: Water proofs, overalls or other suitable outdoor clothing that fully covers arms and legs (stinging nettles). ATV helmets, gloves, protective footwear and eye protection are provided.
- Bring lunch
- Bring a pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- If you require NPTC certification this can also be provided at an additional cost - please contact the office for more information. Please note that Lantra qualifications hold the same legal standing as City & Guilds qualification.
Course Assessment Method
Lantra Awards Certification will be awarded on successful completion of assessment.