A beginners/novices introduction to ATV operations and controls, basic rider skills plus implement and trailer operations. This course is purely for beginners who require training to be able to undertake the Lantra Awards Course.
- Legal requirements
- Safety clothing
- Basic maintenance and pre-rider checks
- Riding techniques and basic skills
- Riding techniques of different terrains and ground conditions
- Group riding on a designated trek
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activity: motor cycle/ATV helmet (though these can be provided) water proofs, overalls or other suitable outdoor clothing that fully covers arms and legs (stinging nettles), gloves, protective footwear and eye protection. If you do not have all or any of the above please contact the centre office.
- Bring lunch and drinks.
- Bring a pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
Course Assessment Method
A certificate of attendance will be issued upon course completion.