The Royal Agricultural University Careers Service offers guidance and career advice to students and graduates.
90%* of our postgraduates are in employment within six months of leaving the RAU. Our graduates are regularly recruited by some of the world’s leading organisations.
The University offers fantastic career and employment opportunities, and reassuringly high graduate employability rates. This can be attributed, in part, to the strong industry links maintained by the RAU.
Our students benefit from lectures delivered by leading professionals and continued opportunities for work and study placements. This ensures that our students receive up-to-date knowledge whilst making valuable contacts with industry employers.
An extra advantage for our graduates is the support of our alumni. A powerful network of over 14,000 former students positioned across the globe, with members living in Africa, South America, Australia, and the United States, they are always keen to help graduates achieve career success.
A comprehensive careers advice service ensures that a consistently high number of RAU graduates go on to enjoy success in their specialist area of study, and make a significant contribution to a wide range of professions internationally. The careers service includes:
- Access to a wide range of resources about occupations, employment, and study opportunities
- One-to-one guidance from a professionally trained careers adviser
- Access to a wide range of job vacancies on the University’s job portal
- An email careers service offering advice on specific queries and a CV checking service
- Skills training sessions focusing on CV writing and interview skills
- Annual careers fairs open to all students
As you know, it is never too early to start thinking about where you want your postgraduate course to take you. So make sure you speak to your personal tutor at the beginning of the year to start building your career plan.
*Based on a five year average up to 2015/16 of UK-based leavers studying full time. In 2015/16 the figure was 91% for UK-based leavers studying full time and 85% for all postgraduates. (Source: HESA)
For further information about the Careers Services available to students, please contact a member of the Careers Team.
Tel: 01285 889911
Student job portal
Positions advertised on the jobs portal can be accessed by RAU students and graduates alike.
- If you are a current student please click to access through Gateway (Click on Student Job Search)
- If you are a former student (Alumni/Graduate) please click here to access through the alumni website
For any queries, please contact the Careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01285 889911
Advertise a vacancy to our students
The Careers Service at the Royal Agricultural University is always very keen to have contact with potential employers and support organisations. We can help you make contact with our students, graduates, academic staff and management.
Our range of services for employers includes:
- Advertising vacancies for graduates, placements, part time or casual jobs, vacation work and volunteering opportunities; please forward job details including start date, how to apply and a closing date for applications if available plus your company logo if you would like us to use one
- Opportunities to make presentations to students and courses
- Attending our annual Graduate Careers Fair (subject to places available)
- Opportunities to involve students in project work or to research an issue which may benefit both employer and student
The Careers Service, Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6JS
Tel: +44 (0)1285 889911 / Email: email@example.com