This degree allows you to focus solely on general business, or to select modules in the international trade, farm management, equine management, agriculture, or climate and natural resource management to contextualise your studies in a sector of your choice.
The business world is complex, fast-moving and exciting, and demands high-calibre employees with sound management, marketing and financial skills. The ability to manage change, risk and people, and to develop sustainable business strategies is crucial. If you wish to develop your own enterprise then creative and entrepreneurial skills are needed too.
The MSc Business Management programme provides students with an academically rigorous and professionally relevant education that will serve your career needs. The degree combines essential management knowledge with relevant practical and professional skills to prepare you for the challenging business world.
In addition to gaining a solid business foundation, the portfolio of elective modules, which has been increased, taught by RAU experts in agricultural, equine, environment, agri-food, land-based and business disciplines, provides students with the opportunity to either embed their studies in a rural context, or to concentrate their studies in pure business management disciplines. Students now have the option to select three electives from a range of eleven electives. To indicate the scope and scale of what is available, we provide the following examples:
- Agriculture and Farm Business Management specialism using Agriculture with Farm Business Management modules
- International Trade specialism using International Trade and Export with Operations Management modules
- Rural Tourism specialism using Rural Tourism and Event Management with Rural Policy and Implementation modules
- Small Scale Farming specialism using Small Scale Farming and Local Food Supply with Integrated Organic Systems modules
- Equine Business Management specialism using Advanced Equine Business Management with Rural Tourism and Event Management modules
- Climate & Natural Resource Management specialism using Climate Change and Development with Natural Resource Management modules
UN Sustainable Development Goals: This programme has now been designed to foster greater knowledge and awareness of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are mapped to our modules to ensure that at each stage of the programme we are identifying how these goals can be developed as part of business strategy and managed within a business.
Three month placement: Students now have the option to undertake a three month placement in industry following their taught modules, as an alternative to a dissertation, and taking place during the same period of time.
This is a dual qualification. Upon successful completion of the degree you will be awarded membership and a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership from the Chartered Management Institute, further enhancing your CV.
Accreditations and partnerships
We are delighted to work with a wider range of businesses, partners and accreditation organisations, some of which are shown below: