When you’re at University, your room is your space to call 'home' and where you live can play an important role in making new friends. There are a lot of benefits to living on-campus at the RAU. You’ll get to know the University, have your lectures on your doorstep and be right in the heart of the action.
Welcome to the on-campus student accommodation
We have a mixture of catered and self-catered accommodation with the half board option as standard. The bedrooms are a mixture of standard rooms with shared bathroom facilities and en-suite rooms, and we offer quiet bedrooms for students who prefer a more tranquil environment. Have a look at the halls of residence guide for more details about our halls of residence and the accommodation each of them has to offer.
Your room will not just be a place to study and sleep, it will be your space to call home and the location will play a key part of meeting new people and making new friends.
Living on-campus is a great way to meet fellow students and to be where the action is, and comes with many benefits such as:
- With welfare and pastoral support from tutors, the student support services manager, accommodation officer, student team advice representatives (STARS), and university nurse. There is always someone on hand in the case of an emergency
- Security on-campus to keep you and your belongings safe
- Free internet access in all rooms on our main campus
- You are close to all campus services. The Tithe Barn and bar, The Restaurant, cafe, library, sports facilities, launderette and university shop
- Prices for half board and self-catered accommodation are shown below.
- The housekeeping service means your bedroom is cleaned regularly and the communal bathrooms daily
- All RAU halls of residence are fully compliant and covered by the Universities UK Accommodation Code of Practice
Free parking is available on-campus. You just need to apply for a parking permit as part of your online self-registration - you will be notified when you can do this. A parking permit is an entitlement to park only if space is available.
Half board catering meal options are available as part of your package and additionally lunch is available to purchase in The Restaurant, offering a selection of hot and cold dishes. Catering staff are able to cater for special dietary needs but please advise of your requirements at the time of booking your accommodation.
Accommodation fees to pay 2022-23
|George wing, Bledisloe Court, Coad Court|
|Large standard single||Bledisloe Court||£6,885||N/A|
|Ensuite single||Coad Court, Vic Hughes 2, Main Building||£8,285||N/A|
|West Lodge, Vic Hughes 1|
Large ensuite single
|Main Building, Woodlands 1 & 2|
Small ensuite single
|Large ensuite single (hotel quality)||Riverside||N/A||£7,696|
A £200 pre-payment is required when booking accommodation (terms and conditions apply). The balance is then due when you start university.
*Half board is based on 14 meals per week (breakfast and dinner).
For queries concerning your accommodation contract please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
For payment queries please contact email@example.com.
All applications must be made through the myRAU applicants portal. You will receive instructions on how to access the portal once you have been offered a place to study at the RAU.
Applications for accommodation will not be processed until a place on a course has been offered and the pre-payment has been received. Rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.