When you’re at University, your room is your space to call 'home' and where you live can play an important role in making new friends. There are a lot of benefits to living on-campus at the RAU. You’ll get to know the University, have your lectures on your doorstep and be right in the heart of the action.
Welcome to the on-campus student accommodation
We have a mixture of catered and self-catered accommodation with the half board option as standard, however you have the opportunity to upgrade to a fully catered package. The bedrooms are a mixture of standard rooms with shared bathroom facilities, en-suite rooms and twins, and we offer quiet bedrooms for students who prefer a more tranquil environment. Have a look at the halls of residence guide for more details about our halls of residence and the accommodation each of them has to offer. You can also download the accommodation guide as a PDF.
Your room will not just be a place to study and sleep, it will be your space to call home and the location will play a key part of meeting new people and making new friends.
Living on-campus is a great way to meet fellow students and to be where the action is, and comes with many benefits such as:
- With welfare and pastoral support from tutors, the student support services manager, accommodation officer, student team advice representatives (STARS), and university nurse. There is always someone on hand in the case of an emergency
- Security on-campus to keep you and your belongings safe
- Free internet access in all rooms on our main campus
- You are close to all campus services. The Tithe Barn and bar, The Restaurant, two cafes, library, sports facilities, launderette and university shop
- Prices for half board, full board and self-catered accommodation are shown below. There is also an option for a term time contract (where you occupy the room from 13 September 2020 - 13 December 2020, 3 January 2021 - 21 March 2021 and 18 April 2021 - 23 May 2021 inclusive)
- The housekeeping service means your bedroom is cleaned regularly and the communal bathrooms daily
- All RAU halls of residence are fully compliant and covered by the Universities UK Accommodation Code of Practice
Free parking is available on-campus. You just need to apply for a parking permit as part of your online self registration - you will be notified when you can do this. A parking permit is an entitlement to park only if space is available.
Full or half board catering meal options are available in The Restaurant offering a selection of hot and cold dishes. Catering staff are able to cater for special dietary needs but please advise of your requirements at the time of booking your accommodation.
Accommodation fees to pay 2020-21
Standard occupancy contract 13 September 2020 - 23 May 2021 inclusive**
|George wing Main Building, Bledisloe Court, Coad Court, Garden House|
|Large standard single||Bledisloe Court||£6,195.00||£6,965.00||N/A|
|Ensuite single||Coad Court, Vic Hughes 2||£7,455.00||£8,225.00||N/A|
|West Lodge, Vic Hughes 1|
Large ensuite single
|Woodlands 1 & 2|
Small ensuite single
A £200 pre-payment is required when booking accommodation (terms and conditions apply). The balance is then due when you start university.
*Half board is based on 14 meals per week (breakfast and dinner).
**Term time occupancy contracts are available in some rooms. Please email: [email protected] for further details.
For queries concerning your accommodation contract please contact [email protected] .
For payment queries please contact [email protected].
All applications must be made through the myRAU applicants portal. You will receive instructions on how to access the portal once you have been offered a place to study at the RAU.
Applications for accommodation will not be processed until a place on a course has been offered and the pre-payment has been received. Rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.