This research cluster considers food supply as a subset of wider food systems.
The collective research activity is considering food supply as a socio-economic and a socio-technical system which inform food safety, food supply and the moral framing and behaviours in supply chains.
Current doctoral research projects
- Cynthia Angba PhD: ‘Impact of climate change on agricultural productivity in Nigeria, over the last 21 years’
- Okpala Emeka PhD: ‘Economic implications and causes of agricultural food shortage in Nigeria –A case study of small-holder farmers, government extension services and trade’
- Abel Kahuni PhD: ‘Efficiency of international sugar markets’
- Lusubilo Ind PhD: ‘Food markets in coastal Tanzania’
- Sophia Lingham PhD: ‘Local food systems: building on multi-stakeholder perceptions’